GFT Agguato stiffness advice needed

• Hi all,
    I am hoping to purchase the Carbiono GFT Agguato fins, but live in Chicago- and don't seem to have any opportunity to try them in advance. My current fins are plastic medium Mares, which need to go (and seem too soft)- and Id like to switch to carbon. I would greatly appreciate some expert advice on flex choice (though I realize this is a preference).
    I am 5'11, 195lbs, 34 years old, have very low bodyfat, and my legs are quite strong, though I did have knee surgery a few years back (though they don't bother me much at all anymore even after extended swimming and diving with medium flex fins). I spend some time at the surface, but freedive to 50-90 feet occasionally, and will do some spearfishing- no freediving competitions though -obviously.~`

I would simply plan on getting medium flex (which have served me well before in plastic) but hear that the Agguato tend to be very stiff compared to other fins, even carbons like the C4. I dont want to feel like im swimming with wet newspapers on my feet- given my size, but am not a pro- and dont want to deal with mediums that are excessively stiff and the energy loss or joint strain that goes with that. I also need these to last me a long time if I'm dropping $500 on them- (if there are any durability differences for carbons based on flex). ~`I'm open to other fin suggestions if based on better durability as well- though I have done enough research that I think the Agguatos are a good choice for me (I have also considered h.dessault force, c4 Scorpio, and OMER stingrays)
    Any suggestions, opinions, or comments on whether to go with the mediums or move down to soft -particularly from those with experience with these fins, would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

• I am your exact size and 5 lbs lighter, Had C4 falcons in 30 ( medium) and they were a bit on soft side even with stiff omer millenium pockets. I am now pushing speardiver c90's with pathos pocket and they are just perfect and alot more comfortable on the surface swims. I think most of it is in your kicking technique to get the most out of any carbon blade, of course having a proper fitting FP also helps