Sony POV HD cam

• I have this camera. I really like the way it can attach directly to a mask strap. Honestly I have always gotten a good POV from doing that with little adjustment. The quality is less than then new gopros, but it works. I haven't had any problems with it.

Edit: attaches to the mask strap with the waterproof side mount attachment. I believe it was intended for snowboard goggles.

• I have this camera. I really like the way it can attach directly to a mask strap. Honestly I have always gotten a good POV from doing that with little adjustment. The quality is less than then new gopros, but it works. I haven't had any problems with it.

Edit: attaches to the mask strap with the waterproof side mount attachment. I believe it was intended for snowboard goggles.

Just bought it and the WP mount seems to snap on nice and snug to the mask strap. I have yet to try the camera so will post reviews once sampled. Sony also released a firmware update allowing the cam to shoot 1080/60 now so it can't be all the bad of a camera overall IMO.

• Buying a new camera very soon so would love to hear what you think after using it.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

Do you have a link you could post to any of your vids?

George Steele

• Do you have a link you could post to any of your vids?

Unfortunately I don't, I forgot to transfer them from my desktop when I moved and got rid of it. I will post some video on here the next time I take it out.

Edit: This is the only upload on facebook, and it is on my friends page, so I don't know what the privacy is set at, but it shows the POV if you can watch it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151569460179889&set=vb.560984888&type=3&theater

• Permissions wont let me see the vid :(

Yea I figured it probably wouldn't be public. I plan on going out this weekend if I can get my gear sorted out, if I do I will bring my camera and post a video, even if there are no fish so you can get a look of how the view is from the mask strap.

MS, what type of memory card are you using?

I been trying to use a Micro SD, class 10, 64gb and been having issues trying to access the video clips (manual states "class 4 or higher").

Contacted Sony Tech Support and they informed me that the highest capacity card it will accept is a class 10 / 32gb (preferrably Sony brand).

Well I wish they fricken stated that in the manual so we know what card to buy:crazy:

I was going crazy thinking I had a defective cam or mem stick!!

• So i been doing some research and wondering if you guys bought the door with the flat lens and all the other expensive after market products I read is necessary to get it up to par.

George Steele

• Jhip, I am using a Lexar 16GB Micro SD card I bought at target. I am not sure what the class is. I haven't had any problems with it.

Mr. George, Yes I bought the flat lens and the mask attachment.

• [VIMEO]73981355[/VIMEO]

Sorry this is late guys. Unfortunately my battery died (forgot to charge it) immediately after this first dive. If it had been on you all could have watched me miss some Uku. I thought that it showed how the camera works on the mask strap pretty well though. I attached it, hopped off a rock into the ocean, and took this video. Needed no manipulation.

• Here's some pics of the mask mount and with the camera mounted:

Even with the updated 1080/60 setting, it's not as clear as the GP3 black.

But, because of it's solid mask mount and ease of use (one button setting), I'm happy with the camera and prefer this over the GoPro.