Rob Allen 5mm Weedline Camo Review

• Just wanted to do a quick review for anyone interested in a new 5mm wetsuit. I just recently purchased the RA 5mm Weedline Camo Wetsuit from Dive Addicts. Josh is an awesome guy to deal with and I would recommend him to anyone. I am 6'3" and 190 pounds. I went with the size 4/ L and it fits me great. The size chart indicated I should be a size 5 but I didn't even bother trying it on after having the 4 fit me so well. I think this had to do with the ultraflex material RA uses which made the suit pretty flexible, and didn't seem to limit my movement at all.

I am diving with it on Friday morning at 7am, so the warmth of the suit will definitely be tested. I'll report back with water temperature and how the suit felt in the water. So far, my thoughts are positive. It is a little thicker than I am used to as I have only used 3.5mm wetsuits in the past. However, it is just as comfortable as my Riffe 3.5mm Digitek and fits me great. I'll update this thread with some photos + a more in- depth review after I go for a dive.

Dave

• For anyone wanting a new challenge, try freshwater spearing with 3 feet of vis. I had no idea how hard it would be adjusting from the clear waters of Australia to the limited vis in Utah. I had trouble finding good structure today that held any good fish, but it was good to get in the water to test out some new gear. It was odd that the deeper we dove, the worse the vis got. Anything past 30 feet was just black. However, the RA 5mm wetsuit was great. This is the first time diving in water this cold and I was toasty the entire time. I'm guessing the water was in the low 60s. Once we got out of the water, I took the top off (to take a leak haha) and I started to shiver. I was so warm in the suit that I thought the temperature had started to rise. Nope... just the suit.

Also got to test out my Beuchat Mundial Carbone fins. Great fins for the price I got them for. I'm sure there are better out there, but I was getting to 30 feet alot easier than with my plastic Omer Stingrays. I constantly thought I was in 18-20 feet but when I checked my dive watch, I was in 30. A big improvement from plastics.

I also needed to grab a weightbelt the day before, so I grabbed the Riffe belt with Nylon Buckle for $20. What can I say... it works :laughing3:
    I need to buy another marseilles style belt.

Here is a photo of the RA wetsuit. Sorry for the crappy quality. It looks a lot cooler in person. If it fits your body type, I would definitely recommend it.