Begineer spearfishing/diving/snorkelingi fins

• Hi guys,

I'm looking to give spearfishing a try however, I mostly dive and need a pair of multi role fins.

Since, this is my firs pair of close foot fins I am also very worried that if I don't really like spearfishing/freediving, they will end up unused so I am trying to limit my spending to around $200 or so, less if possible.

Anyway, from what I gathered so far I need something that is maneuverable and not just for pure speed and power, also I'm a small guy, 5'11" and 155lbs but I'm fairly fit.

I don't have very good form in kicking as I mostly do a modified frog for my tech diving so a flutter needs a bit of unlearning on my part.

Anyway, I have read some of the posts and as much as I would like to buy a C90 it's just outta my budget so it's either a MAKO Long and Extra Long Black Competition Fiberglass Fins $145 or Leader Stereoblades Waves Carbon in either a sporasub or cressi foot pocket.

The problem is I'm a size us 9 - 9.5 wide so I'm not sure what foot pockets fit me best. I did try an old sporasub variant comp in a euro 41-42 size and it fit fine without any socks, in 0.5mm is very snug that I can barely move my toes.

Lastly, if I wore 3 or 5 mm neoprene socks what size would be better please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers