Hatch Amero

• Hi guys,

I currently own a RA 110 and was looking to try out my first wood gun but need some advice from you all

I was wondering if anyone had any reviews on this gun or first hand experience

I searched HSD and SB for some reviews and found some pretty upstanding ones. I also talked to Mike Hatcher about his guns and saw them firsthand. They looked pretty good with a slim profile (amero) vs his other model guns (midhandles). He suggested I go with the Amero since it would be an easier transition from rear handle like my RA than from going to a rear handled railgun to a midhandle wood gun.

I have a quick question about what size i should get. Should I get a 50-55 inch gun, which is comparable to an RA 110 in length or a 60 inch gun so i can have my RA for strictly reef and the 60 inch for deeper reef and possible Ono's and Mahis?

Most of my diving is shore-diving past the reef ranging from 20-45ft. Would a 60 inch be overkill?

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

• For shore diving a 60" is WAY over kill

My 120 is too long for some shallow shore dives.

I don't know hatch guns so I can't comment on them but I was looking at the speardiver wood guns today and they are exquisite.

i like to spear fish

• Thanks for the input LB. I think I might go with a 55 inch then. I just picked up a some carbonio gft aeros from him and boy are they sexy! Haha. I'll post a review in another thread once I get the chance to sample them in the water. Again, thanks for the input.

• For sure man. There is always a place for a big gun for open water and long shots.

I loaned my 130 to hardline while he is getting his gun upgraded and I bet he would tell you it is a lot of gun for the reef

You might be still very long with a 55" gun. That is 140cm total length.

What is it you want. A wooden gun to replace your current RA? Or a totally different purpose gun, made of wood?

i like to spear fish

• haha. Thats my predicament! to be honest i don't know what I want! I just wanted to try out a custom wood gun, besides the old-school Palauan gun i tried while in Palau. I think I might just go with a wood gun for the reef, i dont think i'll ever get the chance to go BW. thanks LB.

• Hahaha. I feel you

I would take a look at reefchief gun build. A nice hole gun or short reef gun might be a compliment to the 110. Like a 90 or 80 euro equivalent.

I like to dive with my ra90 on a lot of shore dives because of the ledges and how much clearance there is under them.

i like to spear fish