5/16th sling shafts

• Got a gift a month ago of 4 sling shafts that Im hopefully going to use in bahamas again this summer. anyone used a 5/16th shaft for slingin before? 3 of them are this diameter, are they going to hit harder? Plan on using them for lobster or grouper or other fish in holes since they wont pretzel but dont want to try them out on muttons or hogs on open bottom to find out they wont reach out far enough.

• I prefer 9/32 for all around shafts but if you know the limitations the 5/16 will work just fine for grouper and lobster.

I have one 9/32 shaft as well that came in the bundle. May pick up 2 more of them before I cross over so i have them. I plan on taking one of each shaft out next time i yak dive and target practicing on some hogs or grunts to see whats going to work best. I have a feeling the 5/16th is going to be the go-to shaft for rocked up fish.

• Practice and familiarity will do a lot more than anything else. Maybe bring a gallon jug and fill it with sand. Good to have a static target to get meaningful data

i like to spear fish