Sand Dollar 2014

• BIG CHANGES FOR THE SAND DOLLAR IN 2014! I’ve decided to change focus this year. After 10 years of stressing out with 35 student divers every weekend, I’ve dropped 90% of my one day SCUBA trips and kept all of my multi-day charters. This year I’m focusing on weekends with my kids, dirt biking, hunting, and free diving trips that are fun for me, my kids, and my crew.
    All the free diving trips in 2014 are going to be a limited load. On the two day trips we’re going to have a max of 16 divers. I would like some feedback from you all concerning the three day Cortes trips. If we limit the load to 16 divers on a Cortes trip, the price will be $665, vs. $565 if we fill the boat. Less = more and more = less. What do you think? PM or call me with your thoughts. As of right now the Cortes trips will remain the same as last year. I’m also gearing up to add some 8 – 10 day trips to Mexico in August and September.
    So here you go… the Sand Dollar’s 2014 freediving schedule:

• March 29 & 30 Catalina WSB Hunt. From sun up to sundown on the 2nd day.
    Price: $325

• April 26 & 27 San Clemente Island & Catalina WSB Hunt. Catalina Island on the 2nd day from sunup to sundown.
    Price: $350

• Memorial Weekend Special May 24, 25 & 26 San Nick, Santa Barbara Island & Catalina
    (weather pending) Target fish: WSB & Halibut
    Price: $485

• June 20, 21 & 22 Cortes Bank
    Price: $565 (or $665 depending on your feedback)

• July 26, 27 & 28 Cortes Bank
    Price: $565 (or $665)

• August 16 & 17 San Clemente Island & Catalina Yellowtail Shootout. Catalina Island on day 2 from sunup to sundown.
    Price: $350

• (Pending) September 7th thru 15th Cedros Island, B.C. Mexico

• September 19, 20 & 21 Cores Bank
    Price: $565 (or $665)
    To sign up for a trip, please go to Sand Dollar Liveaboard, click on the trip you want, and it will allow you to reserve your spot through pay-pal.
    This year I will make a $10 donation per diver to The Waterman’s Alliance on every trip. Those of you who have been out with me before know that I don’t cancel trips, even with a light load I WILL RUN (weather pending). Thanks for all the support I’ve gotten from the spearfishing community. If you see me on the water Monday through Thursday keep in mind that me and my son, Wyatt will be commercial diving, so keep an eye out for our hookah hose and roll up slowly if you come by to say Hi or if you need anything (water, hot shower or food!).
    Thanks, Captain George

• Do Yellowtail show up around the islands around your planed April trip too? I might have to jump on that as it is on my spring break.