Spearfishing Englewood, FL $$$

• My name is Dan. I currently live in Michigan, where it's cold and snowy 5 mo of the year!! Not very logical. I have traveled all over the world scuba diving and free diving. I love traditional fishing and have been doing it all my life. Oddly enough during all my travel, I have never spearfished. So I am looking to become educated in the sport. I am a huge advocate of conservation and intelligent harvesting of natural resources.

I am planning a trip to Englewood, FL/Lemon Bay on the 22nd of February until March 3rd. My top priority while I am there is to spearfish. If anyone has the equipment and knowledge I would love the opportunity to go. I would like to learn the rules/regulations, legal species, techniques, areas to go. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I will also have an 18' boat while I am there. I am willing to pay for the opportunity. I am very easy to teach and get a long with. I look forward to learning more about this amazing sport, meeting new people, and having some fun!!

• You will be in the gulf. I don't know that area specifically, between ft Meyers and Sarasota, but in general, the gulf stays shallow for a long time. I don't know if your boat is capable of doing to distance safely. I hope some of the Tampa guys will chime in with some more insights.

I'd order a top spots chart (assuming they don't carry fl charts in your local stores) and take a look for depth changes and holes.

i like to spear fish

• You will be in the gulf. I don't know that area specifically, between ft Meyers and Sarasota, but in general, the gulf stays shallow for a long time. I don't know if your boat is capable of doing to distance safely. I hope some of the Tampa guys will chime in with some more insights.

I'd order a top spots chart (assuming they don't carry fl charts in your local stores) and take a look for depth changes and holes.

X2

I went out of Naples once and we barely made it back. The gulf is VERY shallow but the fishing is great if you have spots. You should google some dive spots and wrecks.