Jack Prodanovich Handle

• This is the single-piece trigger version with the rotating safety lever that was omitted on the later two-piece trigger version. Often owners put their initials inside, but who it is I have no idea. Interesting to also see the number 3 in the handle halves. My gun has no markings inside the handle at all and I am its second owner, so not everyone marked their guns. Over the years these guns have been made by different helpers in Jack's shop, so there should be someone who can comment from that aspect if they chance upon this thread. I have referenced this to someone who knows a lot more than I do and knew Jack personally, so there may be an avenue there to learn more.

• This is the single-piece trigger version with the rotating safety lever that was omitted on the later two-piece trigger version. Often owners put their initials inside, but who it is I have no idea. Interesting to also see the number 3 in the handle halves. My gun has no markings inside the handle at all and I am its second owner, so not everyone marked their guns. Over the years these guns have been made by different helpers in Jack's shop, so there should be someone who can comment from that aspect if they chance upon this thread. I have referenced this to someone who knows a lot more than I do and knew Jack personally, so there may be an avenue there to learn more.

Aloha popgun pete,
    Thank you for your help. I opened up my other later model handle and there are no markings on them like yours. I knew that is was some ones initials but as for the number 3 very interesting.
    Mahalo Kip

• Apparently the "3" stamped in the clamshell handle halves identifies them as a matched pair when all the current batch of handles was being anodized. That way the drilled holes and cylindrical bosses front and rear match up when the components are retrieved from the vats and re-assembled in their pairs. The Sampson gun handles have similar numbers inscribed on them, but with more digits as larger numbers were being processed for each batch. The Prodanovich is virtually a hand-made gun, not a production model as the Sampson gun was, but both use sand cast alloy handles.