Advice on best (and value) reel for teek sling/trigger-less gun

• Cheers Pete - when I look at these it makes me think an all plastic fly fishing reel will do the trick for me - modified to fit. Rely appreciate your postings - I'll look on line again at spear reels and make the call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Cheers for all this info - really helpful and I'm thinking money spent on a ulusub is the way forward - but will check first that it won't make the sling negative. As the sling is small and I've only checked buoyancy with a med sized fly reel. Spent many years working on water quality buoys in Scotland UK so interested to see your job... Clearer waters I imagine! Best wishes Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• If you are considering the ulusub or any other reel for that matter I would take the mount off that you have now. Take it to the water (ocean) with some loose lead and something to attach the lead (not permanently) to the sling. When you start adding lead to where the sling sinks you know how heavy your reel can be. Then you can hit up the manufacturer and inquire as to the weight of the reel. Then you have a much better idea of what you can use.