Would muzzle color matter?

• All the muzzles that I have ever seen are black. But most of the plastics that I would use for typical projects are availailable (and usually cheaper) in white. I was just wondering if there would be any advantages, disadvantages, or differences to a white muzzle on a typical rail gun or hybrid?

Would it be easier / harder to distinguish the muzzle against the shadow of a fish? Would aiming be easier / harder?

Would it scare the fish? Or just look stupid?

• I would prefer black. When it comes time to extend the gun toward the fish, I'd prefer not highlight that action by having a brightly colored muzzle. I actually prefer muted color gloves for the same reason.

• White plastic might reflex heat better,with gun in truck or trunk.Fish might turn or stay,thinking,WHAT THE F--K IS THAT.giving you more time to shoot .ha I dont know,sounds like something to check out.

• Tin Man---I'll take a ocean blue with white streaks shapelock muzzle WITH a 9/32 kill spike :idea2:
    It would match the ocean camo carbon RA 120 barrel I want to buy next:cool2:
    But IMO, a CLEAR delrin muzzle would be the best!
    I know, the carbon barrel ID is different than the alum barrel, but an ocean camo barrel AND muzzle would look great :D

LunkerBuster---just a suggestion, but if you are gonna BUILD a rail gun why not use a better grip/mech?

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 5 times, last by hau ().

• with a spike please :)

that is a great idea Hau... I just want to switch to a railgun for a bit....figure that I can get down with a 110 for the first and second reef. what mech do you suggest?

i like to spear fish

• LunkerBuster---there are many other choices that are better than the RA.
    IMO a grip/mech with a side line release, ss trigger and sear with detachable loading butt would be a great improvement over the RA.
    I use the RA because it is cheap, accurate and the distributer is very close to me if I need warrenty or maintenance on my guns.
    Perhaps you could ask others here for their grip/mech choices for your new gun build:D

PS---I love rail guns