Carbon fins

• Just a quick post to let anyone else that is hesitate and or unsure about CF fins.

Today I had a chance to dive the fins That I got from Dan. (CF blade with Pathos foot pocket)

Before these fins I had omer tuna fins with omer valerio grassi foot pockets.

I brought both pairs with me just because of the statement I made in the first sentence. Hesitant and unsure.

Without warning I handed them to a buddy on board and he looked at me puzzled then smiled "Nice " he said "New?" "New to me "I said.

1 mile reef was our target 27' max depth, vis today, :angry5: 8'

Bad vis but, I was still pumped. So I ditched the gun and went for a swim
    I had a 1..5 mil suit for jelly fish, they seems to to be thick for some reason right now.
    2lbs weight and new fins, fins socks

Surface swims were noticeably efficient. I don't know if this was because I was excited or the reports of gray ghost the day before?????
    Anyway they were nice. Smooth, friends on the boat said they looked flimsily? When i got back to the boat I ensured then that the word they were looking for was efficient. They did flex more than I was used to but I assure you, once you slow down and do not over kick them (if this makes since) you will understand.

We opted to head further out for a little better vis. 3mile reef 35' vis a little better @ 15'-18' i guess (some times I hate east coaster with their complaining of 30' vis) we found a little structure and in the water we went. I swam around for about 30 min diving to 20-25 seeing very little but being very comfortable. Which I found to be a high positive. My legs were fine no cramping or fatigue which I normally would have felt by now. We took a few mangrove, and one grouper off a new spot (that was worth the gas) One of my friends actually threw me a bottle of water while I was hanging out beside the boat. I then realized that I need to get out and take a break. Dam fins, So I got out of the water and helped removed the Heineken lights from the cooler.:thumbsup2:

I really like the fins and look forward to using them a lot more. That all for now

• Something about the way you wrote all that made it very pleasant to read, and not only because of the positive review. I'm glad the fins worked out for you. You could've said "new" with a straight face, one 30 min pool session doesn't count :)

They did flex more than I was used to but I assure you, once you slow down and do not over kick them (if this makes since) you will understand.

That's simply amazing to me, I guess it's all relative. In the search of ultimate performance keep in mind that I consider that particular combination stiff. How did the Pathos footpockets fit you? What's your foot size? How thick the socks?

• My foot size is 8

I wore a 3mil sock

As far as the flex statement I made I should have elaborated a little more. With the Omer tuna fins and pockets that I have I mostly used for scuba and snorkeling. It wasn't until recently that I have decided to ditch the tanks. So a more correct statement would have been that my technique, and kicking skills need work, to get the most out of the material and design.