Hooked on Shapelock

• Some of you may remember the thread about mako guns...

http://spearfishing.world/spea…4-mako-guns-question.html

I showed some pics of the muzzle that that Jeff (Tinman) made for the gun. I also commented about the handles and my dislike for them. Senor Hau suggested that I make a handle out of shapelock. I got my package in the mail today!

I was surprised at how easy this stuff is to work with! I am hooked! I am really anxious to go shoot this gun now, as if i wasn't already, with the new muzzle.

Here's a few pics. It just dried, but isn't quite dry enough to start sanding down the "rough" edges. I know it's not really necessary to do it, but I am a stickler for clean lines and even flow;)

• Looks great John! But don't sand it. It's much easier to smooth if you just briefly dip it in fairly hot (about 170°F) water. Not long enough to soften the whole thing. Just a minute or so will soften just the outer surface, and allow you to smooth it without changing the shape of the grip.

If you rub it with a dry hand, you'll get a smooth surface. If you pat it with a threadbare towel, or something equivalent, you can easily create a slightly rougher, textured surface.

Either way, the trick is to heat it just enough to work the surface.

• I Have been doing Gun customizing research and came across your forum in regards to grips- i would suggest you take a look at www.ratgrips.com. we have developed a thermal polymer that is 100% customizable. Take look and if you are curious to try and willing to take pictures of your work. send a request to the shops email. I will send out samples to the first 5 that ask.This will be a lot of fun there are many pictures on the site and also on the ratgrips faceook page. I would love to see some spear gun pictures.

• I am looking forward to the 4 of you who contacted me posting your comments and pictures of your RatGrip install and application, i put in my phone number with the product so if you have questions please call. There is enough material in each box to do several guns.