Drilling rigs in Florida?

• Just curious. I think that everyone on this forum knows what an amazing fishing and diving opportunity the offshore oil and gas rigs along the Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas coasts present. Althought the 4000 or so rigs came through hurricanes Katrina and Rita without a single significant spill (at least as far as I am aware all the storm related spills were at refineries on land), there are always potential risks.

Would you support the placement of oil or gas drilling rigs in Federal waters off the coast(s) of Florida? Why or why not?

• Based on the way you present the issue sounds like a great idea to me. More so if it's connected to the the price of gas and will stop the prices from going even higher. I've only been off shore here a couple of times and on each occasion the water clarity was unbelievable. Having the kind of fish habitat you have in the Louisiana rigs combined with that visibility would be mind boggling.

On the other hand I remember reading that the Mississippi river and the nutrient flow have something to do with the abundance of life on the Louisiana rigs? Also who's to say that they won't create laws prohibiting fishing the rigs. I understand that LA is pretty loose when it comes to those things, Florida is seems to be the opposite.