‘Orange Death’ takes down twins.

• I just finished giving my MT0 (aka orange death) a few modifications. Added an extra band, rigged a new JBL 3” slip tip and most notably I gave the gun the ultimate camo job. Blends in perfectly with the surroundings. Garibaldi orange. It also helps me see the gun in some of the crap vis I like to dive. Not sure what the fish think of it but I like it. The original black paint was not working for me. Anyhow, I went out this morning to take it for a test drive and see if I could score some fillets for a church function this weekend. I dove one of my micro spots. The visibility was spotty to 10-15 feet max. Some spots the bottom five feet were clean and some spots it was zero vis. I took these twins about a half mile apart in 18- 25 feet of water. Nice quality fish. Plump and worm free. There were some smaller fish inside that I passed on. Overall it was really kind of dead. A few calico, cabazon ,some 6-8 lb opaleye ($$$$) and a few small sheepies. Maybe some bigger fish will roll in after these storms pass. Water is warm. Probably 58-60 degrees.

Dive safe,
    Mike