Snowboard bag = amazing economy gear bag

• This was a re-purposed snowboard bag that I got off ebay for about 25 bucks. it has a heavy duty tarp interior which holds water (the seams and zipper dont, they are tight, but not water resistant, no running water but it will get moist at the seam if I put a soaked wet suit in it) the best thing is that I can fix and tears of holes with duct tape and it fits a 160cm spear without any worry about it pushing through the bag...the velcro strap are stretchy so I can strap the long stuff in the back and let the rest of the gear fill the space..it is about 5.5 inches deep and there are straps on the back (for a second snowboard) that easily hold a third gun (two fit inside easily) or a longer item like a polespear or bluewater gun.

i like to spear fish

• hey lunker,
    nice bag. i use a zebco fishingrod bag for some years now. there is a great variety of them and because they make them in large quantities they tend to be much cheaper then speargunbags.
    i just realized two things about your gunsetup. why there is no screw in the hole at the muzzle to tie the muzzle to the barrel ? and just a tip....i see you tie the shockabsorberbungie to the gun where you supposed to do it. it happend to me once that i shot a jack about 15 pounds, and by dragging the fish hard
    the line cut through that piece of plastictube where my spearline was attached. clean! i still got the fish because the same thing happened a while before to a friend of mine who had the same gun, so i tied my line at the hole and leave a longer piece with a knot wich i tied again with some platiccable to the barrel behind the muzzle.that is the very weak part at the mundial muzzle. greets

• awesome tip, thanks, i have a screw in the muzzle on the other side and the bottom so it is secure, but that is nuts about the line anchor tearing out!!! so you drilled all the way through the stock to tie off the line anchor? I am not sure I am getting the idea. any pics?
    thanks

i like to spear fish

• LB,
    no pics, sold the gun a while ago. i tied the line to the lineanchor with a knot and left over a piece of line about 4 inch. made a big knot into that end and tied the piece of line with these platic cables that you can pull on one side and they close, at the barrel just behind the muzzle. so in my case the line cut through the line anchor but the extension piece was hold because it was tied to the barrel again. hope i was explaining it good enough now. language barrier. but since you have a wooden barrel, you could simply grind of the plasticlineanchor, and put on a riffe lineanchor just behind the muzzle. u gonna loose 2-3 inches of shootingline lenght, but it would sure look good, and will hold the monstercubera waiting for you out there.
    possible situation,happen to me more then once, you shoot the monsterfish, he runs all along the bottom,
    you let go your gun and hold on to your backline. the fish runs through a tunnel or around some cracks,
    your gun get stucked. a big fish sure will rip the lineanchor you using right now.
    greets

• thanks I follow you now, I really appriciate the warning. I dont shoot big fish....yet, so I am just not used to firguring for that kind of strength.

i like to spear fish

• LB,
    you know the monsters out there. they could show up anytime in front of your guntip.
    rarely ever happen, but when it happens.... better to have then want to have !