Grand/Walkers Trip 5/7-5/9

• Hey all,

Quick trip report from last weekend.

My buddy calls me last week and wants to shoot over to the islands for a couple days to run down some tuna and get some hogs. Great, only problem all my gear is on another islands in the bahamas...including my pursuit fins which i have become quite fond of. Insert, fellow forum member Rolo, who lends me his gear...he definitely did not have to do that...thanks again Rolo!

We head over on Friday, perfect weather, we were over on the bank in about an hour and half. We stop at a blue hole on our way to walkers. Incredible amount of fish on it, mostly grunts and jacks, still awesome dive spot nevertheless. Next time I will get some photos of it...sorry.

Long story short, we chased pods and pods of tunas but only ended up with 1 YFT, and a bunch of black fins.

We did better with the hogfish, we saw some monsters, but they were very skiddish. Also a couple of the heads in 30 feet of water or so were holding cuberas. I would estimate 1 of the cuberas went 80lbs. We did not have much of an opportunity to get the cuberas with pole spears and hawaiin slings.

Sad part is we had underwater cameras with us, but no one was willing to take a spear out of their hands, thus not much of a trip report for you guys. Will try to do better with the photos next time.

Edited 2 times, last by JasonK ().

• nice report, that YF grouper is a beast....as are those hogs..very well done

I love the pic of the coral head from the boat.. I live for vis like that :D

i like to spear fish