The Keys and spearfishing

• Does anyone know of a map that shows were in the keys spearfishing is allowed and were it is not? or something that talks about were the boundaries are? My father has a place in Key Largo and I need to find out just were I am allowed to spearfish from there, I believe I need to travel further south?

• South of Rodriguez Key(approx MM99) to Long Key spearfishing is allowed as long as you are 3 miles out and not within any designated protected areas.

Edited once, last by Mariner ().

• so today when we got into a school of 50+ schoolies 12 miles offshore, i couldve shot them with the spear???? damnt next year ill bring the spear we always go out offshore (300+ ft) after tuna and dolphin... If FWC pulls us over how do I prove that they were shot that far off?

• Yes you could have shot them. Park boundaries go out to 300ft of water. If you've got spearguns or shot fish you're not supposed to stop while running thru Pennekamp. I imagine you could use your GPS track to show where you were? It'll probably depend on the mood of the officer!!!!!

• yeah, just dont stop one the way back in...if they stop you, you simply say that you were running through the park to return to the marina and that all of your diving was outside the park.

i like to spear fish