Lower keys, July 22-24.

• Me and a buddy of mine will be down in Key West for Hemingway Days and would like to do some spearing while there. We are hopefully grabbing a boat on that Thursday around Marathon but once down in KW would like to explore a little. I have fished a bunch down there over the years but never speared. We don't have a boat so we are hoping to find some spots reachable from shore, within a reasonable swim, that we can find dinner. Not looking for anything huge (though that works too ;) ) just looking for dinner. Will have the Women and his kid in tow so if there's a place we can go that has a decent place for them to hang out and the little one to play (on shore that is) all the better. Doesn't need to be in KW, just within a short drive. Thanks. :thumbsup2:

• Keys are not known for their shore diving. Best bet is to hit some of the bridges. 7 mile is usually done, but from shore can get real hairy as the tides rip through their and many large predators roam the area. Long time ago, I used to spear around some rocks off Bahia Honda state park. If you are lucky you can get a few cudas and such. Bahia Honda probably a great place to take family and walk out to spear under a bridge on its west side.