Kill/Shark spike

• I am looking for a kill spike for my JBL Magnum. I saw that Dan and Tin Man were discussing this before and had some prototypes made up. Are these in production/ are they available? If not does anyone have any suggestions for fabricating a mount or know of someone who makes them.

• I think that you are talking about the spikes I made which were mounted in a small piece of Delrin, and secured to the outside of the barrel with 4 small screws. I never made any more of those after the first small batch. I really wasn't comfortable with the design. Even though they were never intended to mount powerheads, I know someone will, and I just don't have the confidence that it will hold up.

Additionally, I think your JBL has a different barrel plug than most rail guns. My old JBL has only a thin disk, held in place by two small indentions that you can see from the outside of the barrel. Other rail guns have a more substantial rubber plug that helps seal the screw holes where the spike gets mounted. Without that rubber plug, I would think that the JBL would probably leak at the screw holes.

The only other solution that I can think of is a new muzzle, with the spike built in. But if you have the normal JBL enclosed muzzle, then that's a bit more involved than the open muzzles I normally build.

• Thanks TM. My front mount is held in by screws and I think has a plug; but it does have an enclosed muzzle. I imagine I will be getting a new gun anyway at the end of this season. Are the tubes on the guns like that designed to stay sealed for buoyancy? Mine floats well in the beginning but after an hour or so it fills with water and looses that capability. I wasn't sure if it holding air was by design or not. But I guess if they didn't want it to they would have made vent holes somewhere.

• shallow runner--You have several options
    1. Buy a new gun (RA, Mako, etc) that Tin Man already makes a kill spike for and buy a muzzle from Tin Man. I use a Tin Man 2 band muzzle w/spike on my RA/Tin Man ETPG and will never look back.
    2. Buy a muzzle from the site below and drill and insert your own spike
    http://www.bluewaterhunter.com…/shop_gunaccessories.html

hope this helps

• Thanks brother :thumbsup2:. I am probably going to get a new gun this winter so I will just wait out till then. I saw one of the Mako guns at the expo with an enclosed track that I may get once it comes out. I will just get a spike from TM then. :toast:

• shallow runner--there are many good muzzles out there.
    The chronic problem has been that there was no spiked muzzles available for PIPE guns until Tin Man solved our problem.
    IMO the Tin Man spiked muzzle is indestructible :thumbsup2:

• Yea, I haven't used any of hit products yet but I hear they are the best. I am ordering some pinch weights from him soon. But once I figure out the gun I want, same day the muzzle will be ordered for sure. Thanks again man. :toast::toast::toast:

Slainte.

• Great, let me know when you are gonna order the pinch weights please.
    I would like to order 5, 2lb weights. (winter is coming)
    Maybe we could combine our order?

Sure thing man, I will let you know. When are you looking to order?