Riffe handle make over

• . . . I still feel that the grip should be higher but there's not more that can be done.

You know I'm a fan of getting the grip as high as possible, but you're right that there isn't too much more that can easily be done. I will say though, that the greater angle of the Hogue really forces your hand up close to the bottom of the stock. The Riffe, at least for me, tends to direct my grip at least an inch lower.

Not the best pics, but you get some sense of the difference

• Good looking handle. I guess that the final version will have rounded edges, right?

One more thing, doesn't the base of your thumb gets hurt with the lower part of the handle? I don't know if I made myself clear, but I had a gun that did that to me and I had to "eat" a lot with a Dremmel in order to make the handle comfortable.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I don't know. I agree that it would be wise to round over the part above the thumb as much as possible, but the rest is cosmetic. Some seem to prefer rounded curves, and some prefer the angular look. Rounded is more expensive when machining, however.