Pathos Footpocket Review

• I bought a set of Pathos footpockets from Dan and here is my review:

The weight is amazingly low without really sacrificing durability. The tendons are short and narrow but a little on the stiff side so if you want to keep your blades with the same feel as in other pockets then I would suggest using a softer blade. I put XXOne Anax 1.8kg (medium) in these pockets and I am a heavy guy at 235lb, they are a little on the stiff side but not unbearable and the fit of the footpocket for my weird fit is very nice. I wear a size 10 shoe, and after some pm's and a phone call to Dan he recommended the 44-46 and it was right on, thanks Dan! I used them today and I am satisfied with them overall didn't get to very deep at the location today maybe 35ft and they really have some power with little effort coming off the bottom. I will post more on this as I get to use them in different environments! I really like the tall rails on the Anax blade makes for a very controlled kicking cycle no sloppy kicks. The pockets and blades come highly recommended from me!

• I agree with you cww, they're great footpockets especially if you're flat footed like me. I also got them from Dan along with his medium-soft 90's and they move along very well and I'm heavier than you at 265. The only thing to watch for is that in my case the two little flaps on the back of the footpocket (heel area) rub on my skin (just on the inside of my heels but might be because flat footed people tend to have their heel/achiles tendon deviated towards the outside) if I use them without socks for long periods of time. Also people with a very high arch should try them first. Having said that they're very confortable and above all they're so light. The perfect match for a carbon blade if you want the lightest fin. I tried my plastic fins back and felt so ''fin heavy'' that ended up givin them away!

• My feet are probably normal to a low arch and that is a good thing in this case! I forgot to mention if you have a high arch these could be a tough fit for you. I always wear socks with my fins and with my 2mm Argos shorties are great!

psychobilly,

I do usually wear the outsides of the rear of my shoes out first, I thought that was because I was fat!

• I'm not sure on the weave but I'll get some pictures up so you can see, they blades only weigh 240g so they are supposed be 100% carbon with no excess resin.