Speardiver mesh dive bag

• This is the Speardiver spearfishing gear bag with PVC coated mesh. I've been using this bag for 4 years and really love it, anyone that's been with me diving will remember I always have this bag. All my gear goes in there except for the fins and speargun.

There are many waterproof bags out there. For my kind of diving I don't see the point of the waterproof bags. The mesh bag goes on the boat with me. At the end of the day all the wet stuff goes inside, by the time we get to the dock all the water is drained out and when I put it in my car there isn't even a wet spot on the carpeting when I get home. For my stuff that needs to be dry like car keys, cash and cell phone I have a small waterproof box that I keep inside this bag.

The rubberized mesh is really durable. Even sharp objects like a stringer don't catch in the mesh and don't tear it. The bag has an outside pocket with velcro closure where I keep small stuff that I don't want tumbling around inside like a whistle. There are other similar mesh bags but not all are made equal. This one is really top notch and durable. At 29" it's also 1" longer than others.

MeshDiveBag02.jpg

MeshDiveBag04.jpg

MeshDiveBag05.jpg

• I have 2 of them that I'm using for 10 years now. I got them at Leisurepro.

For some conditions I would prefer a "vertical" bag (like a back-pack). On smaller boats it helps to get all your stuff, including fins, on a vertical bag (less footprint on the deck).

If you get the bags from the manufacturer, can you get a longer version let's say 40" at only 30% price increase? A 40" would allow us to store the fins inside (easier transport, better protection). There are 40" bags out there, but they cost a lot more than $30.

Stefan

• It's not the same bag, the grade of mesh used in the Leisure pro bag is more fine, the PVC coated mesh of the speardiver bag is heavy duty and I tried to show this in the pictures. Maybe the mesh on your bags is not fine Stephan, but you bought the bags 10 years ago and the quality may have changed.

My preference is to keep the bag compact. This way my gear doesn't shift around. If it were made to accommodate fins there would be too much empty space inside after all the gear went in with the fins. This is why I'd have a 2nd bag for just fins.

• I agree that many things change in 10 years, and it is quite possible that a new bag from leisurepro will not last as long. The point was both ways, one of them being that at $20 introductory price the pursuit bag is an awesome deal, and even at 29 it competes with a company that was accused on some forums of selling stuff from the black market...

It is tough to make a bag that will "be fillled and keep stuff snug" all the time. Maybe in Fl. the gear is always the same, but here we do use different suits during the season. Between a 3mm suit and a 6mm suit there is enough variance in space so that the bag will feel empty with the 3mm. Also my suit (xxl) looks twice as big comparade to my buddy's (M).

A 40" bag would be nice in my opinion, but I might be the only one who would like to have his stuff bundled together.

Stefan