WTB Euro shaft 60-66"

• Looking for euro style shaft with tabs for dynima wishbones. 6.75mm-7.1mm and 60"-66". Ive seen some great deals from Ray but none for a Euro style Sear.

• I'm not sure.. it's a little over a year old and used only once.. It has absolutely no rust though. I also just found a 150cm Rabitech 7mm shaft that I could let go as well.. It has 2 notches but I only use dyneema wishbones and it hasn't torn them up.

• If you only want the tabs only because you want to use dyneema wishbones, you can do that pretty easily with a notched shaft as well. I used the "edge" wishbone inserts from Florida Fredivers on my notched JBL shaft for two years before I built my first gun and they held up great. The wishbone material needs to be in the 1.5mm range, but you can also do that using the sheet-bend knot that many people use. Either way, it just takes a needle file, some 1/8" cord, and metal polish to take the edge off the slots.

http://www.ronsseacorner.co.nz…stainless_spear_notch.htm

Of course, if you want a shark finned shaft for other reasons, like the attachment of the shooting line, then the above is obviously useless and disregard my irrelevant rambling!

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• I like the feel of his site. I stumbled on it a year ago looking for info on the Beuchat Mundial knife. He actually had a video of it which helped me with the decision to buy. Has good information like the link you posted. Actually I learned everything I know about spearfishing from Ron's website. I'm still waiting for him to put up a pictorial on how shoot goat fish and then I will be complete :D

BTW I think he worked that notch a little too far..

I know how that goes.

• thanks Tin. That does help. I will need to attach the line on a fin for the 7mm shafts, maybe I can get away with the notch on a 6.75mm.

• Isn't it also possible to drill a new line hole through the shaft on the larger diameters? Outside the mech, but preferably behind the last notch? I have no experience with Euro style guns, so I'm just mindlessly repeating something I thought I saw somewhere.

Drill press, slow speed, tap magic or threading oil, center punch the start. Carbide bit preferred, but high speed steel will work if it's a good one, and not cheap junk.

Edited once, last by Guest ().