33" Rear Handle +

• Yes another 33" build ...

I mentioned in Rich's thread that i would post some pictures of my build i started work on the other week, am waiting on parts from Neptonics Aus, as Josh had to make up the S/S handle frames for me and send them over (actually Josh is here in Aus at the moment which i found out the other day). Anyway what i am aiming for at the end is a - 33" enclosed track rear handle +, i was going to build a true rear handle but as i had a tuna mech sitting there with the trigger cut off i thought why not build a +.

This speargun is mainly going to be used for taking calamari squid as i am sick of taking my 55" euro out as it is overkill and makes tracking the squid difficult.

Glueing up the blank -

The epoxy graphite track poured -

Track flattened out, and trigger mech hole done -

This is how i do my trigger holes, draw a mark on either side of the cutter, drop the cutter and line up with one side of the line on my blank, then raise slowly the router up into the blank taking about 1/4 of an inch at a time until the hole is done. Once the router cutter is raised into the blank i push the blank forwards until i reach the end line on the other side of the cutter line (i think i just made that sound a lot more confusing that it really is) - the pic will explain better -

After that was done i ran the track with a ball cutter and opened up the first 4 inches or so of the track -

Thats all i've done for the moment, just have to work out how i'm going to do the remote trigger as it is only going to be very short, anyway, thats tomorrows problem.

Enjoy

Jono

Edited once, last by Jono ().

• hmmm dont know why the pics didn't show up, any ideas? - Never mind, got it.

Edited once, last by Jono ().

• Been a while since i last posted but the gun is pretty much finished now. Just needs to be balanced and rigged up but i'm waiting for the shaft as its going to take another month to get it.

Drilled band holes and kill spike

Recessed handle and cut line release slot

Dry knocked up before profiling

Epoxy coat on - came out fantastic

Handle arrived on friday from neptonics - S/S handles - scales are figured Cedar but may change later as its difficult to see the grain through the epoxy.

Now just waiting on the parts to start the Hybrid (just need the barrel, muzzle and spear)

Enjoy

Jono

• Will post some pics of it rigged up when i finally get the spear. What do you think, red or black rubber?