65" Padauk Midhandle

• Hi,
    I'm new to the forum here. http://spearfishing.world/memb…ns/3128-new-to-forum.html
    So...I've always wanted to build my "own" spearguns and I finally acquired some tools to get the job done. I've made 3 guns so far. This is my "bluewater" gun. I also made a 44" midhandle and 55" midhandle.
    The stock is 3 laminates of Padauk. Stock dimensions: 2 1/4" w x 2" t x 65" l, and a slight taper off the bottom towards the muzzle. Shaping inspiration comes from the Ulusub guns. The plan was to try and get the bands up inline with the shaft...For what it's worth...I don't know, it just looked cool on the ulusub guns
    Components:
    Ulusub Handle
    Neptonic Systems Stealth trigger mechanism
    Enclosed Epoxy track
    65" Vector Marine Shaft 4 fins
    Mori 5/16" Sliptip Spectra
    4 - 9/16" bands
    3mm cord wishbones
    Epoxy finish

It still needs a little ballast near the muzzle to get it about neutral with the shaft loaded.

• Looks great, really like padauk. I did a similar muzzle on one of my guns and it did make a difference when firing, although i raised the handle up into the gun more which is meant to help also. Do you have a slot in your muzzle or do you just tie in.

• Looks great, really like padauk. I did a similar muzzle on one of my guns and it did make a difference when firing, although i raised the handle up into the gun more which is meant to help also. Do you have a slot in your muzzle or do you just tie in.

Yes, I really liked working with padauk as well. I made my other guns using African Mahogany and Purpleheart, and I was much happier working with padauk. It was affordable, cuts nicely, isn't too light, and seems quite strong.
    I didn't make a slot in the muzzle...I wanted to have as much band stretch as possible(putting the band slot about 1" from the muzzle end) and I really don't mind tying them in.

• I'm planning on building a remarkably similar gun. 65" Bluewater gun, but it will be rear-placed and intended for Wahoo. I have a padauk blank for a 47" dirty water mid-handle setting up right now and the Epoxy will cure tomorrow. Next week I will start on my 57" padauk clean water mid handle. I will start on the 65" Bluewater Euro (similar to Steve Veros' design) in a month or so. I already have all the mechs and the Tin Man handles ready to go.