Your rot puppies bump

• Hey Dan I was thinking of the picture you posted re. the bump on your puppies head in my other thread. I remember telling you about a lump that formed on my parents dobie's ear. I found a picture of the dog that I took on the day we had her laid to rest. This was my favorite of the gang of dobies my parents owned throughout the years. Her name was "princess" ...she lived into her eleventh year until finally she wore out her hips. Her appetite remained ravenous until the end and on this day my mom and I took her to a nearby canal for our princess to enjoy her last meal, the view and our company before I took her to the vet. She ate an entire rotisserie chicken....bones and all. I used to refer to this dog as "my girlfriend" for her habit of begging to climb onto the bed and sleep with me when staying at my folks house. Recently I got into a discussion with someone about whether or not dogs get into "heaven" after much discussion I ended the argument with this comment....."How could it be heaven without dogs?"

PS I posted copy of your puppies picture first for reference

• That bump on my dog's head is so big I'd think it was photoshopped if I didn't take the pic myself.. Seems that you and your family go a long way for the dogs. I don't believe in such a place as heaven but bonding with a dog is very real to the point that life without it may be difficult. Unfortunately I haven't felt this in a long time. I had a hard time finding a dog that will guard the house well, be of a physical type that I like and at the same time not manifest some negative traits which I can't look past. So I didn't allow myself to get attached to a dog for a long time. I'll probably be returning the rott to the breeder soon as I don't like her temperament and I can't sell her due to the bump on her head. Investing in surgery to remove the bump so I can sell her is not something I want to deal with.

• It's been 3 weeks since the above post. The bump has subsided to the point where it's not really visible. I can still feel it palpating the dog's head but I believe it's well on the way to be gone. More so as she grows and so does her head. May be due partially to separating the rott from the mastiff which eliminated rough play where she could receive continuing impact to that area. A friend recently commented that he had the same thing happen to one of his pups and it was due to trauma to the head, in his puppy's case a bite from another dog, and fluid accumulating in a pocket in the same area. I got off pretty good with no veterinary expenses. He paid for surgery to achieve the same thing I did only faster. General anesthetic is dangerous to a dog and I believe more so to a puppy. There is a very real risk of the dog never coming out of the anesthetic.