FII Level 2 June 2-5

• Im looking at taking this class and I know a few other guys were interested also. I was just checking to see if there was still any interest. I wanted to take the PFI course in May but it looks like its full already.

PM If your interested.

• I was hoping to get a group together. PFI might be able to accomidate just me or maybe one other but if there was enough participation that wouldnt be an option.

Judah - the course costs 695$ plus 68$ for each boat trip. there are 3 boat trips so that comes to a total of 899$ you may also need some money for food and I dont know the etiquette for tipping instructors/boat crew etc.

• PFI is 860 total if a big enough group gets together they may open another class. If its just me and you Judah, we might be able to get into the may 21 -24 PFI course.

• From what I hear the level 1 is a little on the basic side for most spearos. For the level 2 course the pre-requisites are as follows:

-Basic Freediver or equivalant experience with Freediving, spearfishing or scuba diving (general comfort in the water)
    -Good health and fitness
    -12 years of age with guardian permission
    -Static Apnea (breath-hold) of 1:00 minute dry
    -Constant Ballast (unassisted freedive) of 6 meters / 20 feet

I would say just about everyone here could meet those requirements.

• PFI has apparently opened 6 spaces for May 21-24 and This class fits my schedule better and Im planning on taking it. How does this work for you Judah?

• I liked the PFI course I took in March with JC. I still have to finish the last day to get the deep dive in. Any spearo would be better suited with the Level 2 course.

• Basic Freediver or equivalant experience with Freediving, spearfishing or scuba diving (general comfort in the water)
    Good health and fitness
    12 years of age with guardian permission
    Static Apnea (breath-hold) of 1:00 minute dry
    Constant Ballast (unassisted freedive) of 6 meters / 20 feet

Direct from the site

• Yep - those are the prerequisites, but I'm pretty sure the performance requirement to get your "intermediate" certification is only 66'.

I just wouldn't want anybody to be scared away from the course thinking they HAD to hit 100'.

Edited once, last by nyspear ().

• They really don't push for any depth you don't feel confortable with, but they don't let you dive past 82 feet until the last day and ours got cancelled due to bad weather so we can go back and finish our last day of dives with another class. After going through the course and pool training, unless you have issues equalizing, you will be able to get to 66 feet with ease.