New to Forum-Transient Floridian

• Hi everyone,

I am so glad I stumbled on this forum. In the week I have been lurking I have learned so much from everyone. I am graduating FSU law school next week and moving to West Palm Beach in August. I have been spearfishing for 5 years. I began diving in Miami, when a buddy from work (who is a nationally known diver) brought me along on a spearfishing trip. I was instantly addicted and have taken every chance to spearfish since. The last 5 years, I have been predominantley spearfishing the crystal clear waters of the Northern Gulf of Mexico, but I have been known to hop in my beat up 2-door and drive to spearfishing locations with a few hours notice.

I have had the privilege and good fortune to have great teachers along the way, and my competitive swimming background has allowed me to be very comfortable in the water. I have purchased a kayak and intended to launch from beaches in and around the Palm Beach area; the ability to go fishing at my discretion is luxury I have never had. I am very excited to learn from all the Kayak divers and other divers in the South Florida area.

Cheers,

Jeffrey