Spearfishing west coast of fl down to the keys

• Hello! I am a new member on here, I have been on a sailboat trip since the 16th of April heading from south Texas over to marathon key with the weather and conditions of the sea it's been a slow go. With limited time we had to switch it up to a car to continue our adventure. Hit up in the talihasse area last nite heading south today stoping in cedar key tonite to do some rod and real and bowfishing tonite! Anyhoo is ther anyone on this forum that would be willing to hook up with a new guy and show him any spots in the cedar key to marithon, key west area?? Never spearfished Florida before I have brawt my jbl and only have snorkel gear, was just lookin for pointers or ta see if Anybody,s going out anytime in the next week er so? Thanks for your time please help a brotha out! Haha talk to you soon.
    Keith Haines the guy from Utah....

• Might want to look into a charter. From my limited knowledge of the west coast, the fish are pretty far from shore

Most dive sites are 10-20 miles from shore in the Tampa Bay area. I have some closer to shore, as does everyone else, but water clarity can be a factor. In Spring the water is clear most days; no rain, no rough weather. I agree, If you don't know the area you need to charter