East Coast Spearo

• Hey peeps,

New here but frequent a few other forums. Noticed alot of local stuff on this site so here I am thanks to Chuckd who turned me on to this one. No boat but am a fantastic "Boat Ho'" - I do alot of shore entry spearfishing and from my kayak too. Recently moved from Wisconsin to Florida and am know as "Midwest Spearo" on a few other forums.

Oh and BTW - I have a business called "Pristine Fiberglass Bath & Boat" and NEED work! 11 years experience laying up Kevlar canoes and doing fiberglass, gelcoat and acrylic repairs. :) ANYTHING fiberglass, gelcoat or Acrylic - From Boats to bathtubs, showers, whirlpools, etc. Electro-Mechanical and leak repairs on spas and steam units too.

Edited 3 times, last by Guest ().

• either upload them to your image gallery (might need 5 or 10 posts to do that) or link them from an external site like snapfish or photobucket.

the external sites are nice cos they dont slow down the page as much since you can use smaller clickable thumbnails...the local photos are nice cos your photos can show up on the front page and make you feel like a boss :D

i like to spear fish

• welcome, i have a buddy between vero and sebastion i was gonna do some shoredives with, but when i lived up that way the water was always murky, do u ever get decent viz shore and yak diving around there?

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• welcome, i have a buddy between vero and sebastion i was gonna do some shoredives with, but when i lived up that way the water was always murky, do u ever get decent viz shore and yak diving around there?

Once in awhile - Best bet is to head south 30 minutes to Fort Pierce - I take A1A all the way down so I stop and look at Wabasso first. If it's clear there I head north of the Inlet 5 miles to a private beach - Great spearing and good reef but usually bad vis - Like 4-7 feet - Kinda scary with that bad of vis! When it's good vis it ROCKS.

Lately the vis has pretty much sucked to do any beach dives up this way - Even Fort Pierce has barely had a dive-able day the last 3 weeks. I'll be in WPB Monday - Would love to do a shore dive somewhere besides the old PB pier or Breakers. Does anyone know if Coral Cove has hunt-able reef? It's near Jupiter.

Here's a few from the other day near the old PB pier.

• That first pic looks like some cool structure like bridge rubble or something

It is - It's whats left of the old Palm Beach pier - No shootable fish there though, just parrots, angels, and other ornamental's. A few baby hogs were hangin' out but nuthin' even close to legal. Found a pod of really big lobsters that were squeezed in to a small crack with nowhere to go...If only the season were open.