Another Pathos Review

• I previously had Pursuit medium soft blades installed in Omer Millenium footpockets. The tendons were too stiff for me, and it seemed that I was losing a lot of propulsion due to the flex characteristics and resulting inefficiency of the setup. This past weekend I had Dan install the blades in the Pathos pockets, and it made a world of difference. The fit of the Pathos footpocket is similar to the Omer, but seemed to be more flexible and comfortable. At the same time, they were stiff enough to generate a good transfer of energy to the blade. Dan was concerned that the setup might be too soft for me, but I didn't think so. I liked them a lot.

The first thing I noticed, though, is how light the Pathos footpockets are compared to the Omer. This is a difference I could feel immediately in the water. The only potential downside to the Pathos footpocket is that it's a permanent glued-in installation. This isn't a big issue for me, though.

Dan - thanks for taking care of this for me this weekend.

• You're welcome.

To clarify; omer Millenium footpockets from different productions vary in stiffness. The stiffness of the tendons affects the overall characteristics of the fin. I make it a point to only select the omer f/p that have the correct moderate tendon stiffness. However the 41-43 size, which is the one that fit nyspear, is always too stiff, so I don't even stock it any more. But I had one pair left and it was the only one that fit nyspear at the time. I thought that combined with a medium soft carbon blade it will make an overall medium fin, but it was still too stiff in this case.

• Yep - forgot to mention that. Dan and I discussed it when I bought the fins initially. I was in a bind that day and had to take whatever fit. It's actually size 40-42.