new mount for my contour HD

• Been trying to work out how to mount my contour HD to my speargun so after racking my brain for days on end came up with this Idea .On a tripod I had I took the top bit off and used Sikaflex to glue it to the gun .
    The mount has a built in quick release so with a flick of the switch I can remove or replace the camera .All I need now is some good weather and some decent vis to try it out

• It also looks like it may be a little close to get the bands loaded. I would to a few test loads. If you don't use your safety, maybe epoxy it in the off position and place the mount back there.

If it doesn't interfere with aiming. If you are an instinct shooter you might not look down the gun at all

i like to spear fish

• Even for an instinctive shooter it interferes, it blocks the view of the fish.

you may be right...i was thinking about this last night and i realized that even though my guns are all euros, I shoot the RA's differently than the tito.

on the tito I actually sight down the top bands...because they sit exactly parallel to the shaft it is a perfect sighting v and i am very accurate with that gun and can aim fast but i have to aim.

the camera would be completely unacceptable for me on the tito

for the RA's, because the line of the bands and the line of the shaft are on different planes, I really dont look at the gun at all. I simply look at the tip of the spear as I am pointing my hand at the fish and pull.

I dont know if the camera would interfere but i think it might...the contour is very small though so i might not mind it.

on the same line of logic...since it is so small id probably try to mount it elsewhere

i like to spear fish