HDMI cables scam

• Just bought my first flat panel TV, and BTW gained a new appreciation for the Gopro hero HD camera, simply phenomenal. Anyways the salesman at the store told me I need a HDMI cable, this was the first time I heard of it. He showed me two cables, one for $60 and another for $50. I asked if I can get by with the $50 one an he said yes if I'm not going to be using the TV for gaming. So I got the $50 cable because I wanted to use the TV right away, but I was suspicious knowing a little bit about how selling products of this nature works. So after satisfying my curiosity with the TV I went online and did some research on HDMI cables.

The Rocketfish $50 HDMI cable I bought initially.

To make a long story short it's a scam, especially advertizing the cable as suitable for 120hz or 240hz. Bottom line is that digital data either passes through the cable or it doesn't, so you get a picture or you get nothing. There is no such thing as better quality picture with a better cable, as long as you buy a high speed HDMI cable.

So I bought 4 longer HDMI cables from this online vendor http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240 and with shipping it was still less than half of the $50 electronics store cable, and they work perfectly. The overpriced cable went back to the store.

• i use monoprice all the time i got my inwall speakers there and cables they are the best and for better hdmi cables you can go to www.newegg.com they are good too i build my computer from newegg.

Que viva la pesca :cuba: