Pensacola Bay, 11/24/08

• hey jeff im active duty military and just moved here to pensacola for school. i have a room on base right on the bay and have all kinds of free diving and spearfishing gear in my room. you seem like you know all the hot spots or atleast some good spots around here so i was wonderin if you could take me out some time to show me a few good spots. i would love to get out to the USS Massachusetts some time. i hear its a awesome spot to free dive and spearfish on caus its only at about 40ft and only a mile to a mile and a half off shore. if you would like to get together some time and go out i would love to hear back from you

• Although I don't live in Pensacola anymore, my parents still do, so I get over there to dive every chance that I get. I'll be over there after Easter, but don't know exactly what our dive plans will be.

Pensacola Bay might also be suitable for the diving that many here to do from kayaks, if you can go right at high tide. You would probably need to double up, with one guy in a yak tending the boats and minding the dive flag while the diver is in the water.

There are lots of good wrecks in the bay that you could easily kayak to from the Naval Base, and even the Massachusets is a possibility if you mind the tides. BTW, the Mass is nowhere near 40'. More like 28-30', unless the storms last Fall changed it. Popular spot, though, so you really need to watch the boat traffic.

• well around easter wen u come here would u like to meet up and hopefuly u can show me some good dive spots? in about 2 weeks im gona be drivin your way with a friend of mine who has a boat and wer gona go diving off the rigs out there..im sure u could tag along if u want..i went diving yesterday and once i hit 30 feet i got some prety bad sinus squeeze abouve my eyes..i equalized my mask and my ears..do u know how to prevent the squeeze in my sinuses?

• we should meet up next time u come down this way and u can hopefuly show me a few dive spots..i think im comin 2 louisiana in a few weeks to dive the rigs with a friend of mine that lives there..hes takin his boat out so im sure u can tag along if u want..i went divin the other day and once i hit about 30 feet i started getin real bad sinus squeeze right abouve my eyes..i equalized my ears and mask and still had it..do u kno how to prevent this

• Welcome to the forum sdr. Feel free to start a thread about any question you may have in the appropriate section. More people will be likely to see it that way and you may get a few answers. I'm not sure what you mean by sinus squeeze.

• we should meet up next time u come down this way and u can hopefuly show me a few dive spots..i think im comin 2 louisiana in a few weeks to dive the rigs with a friend of mine that lives there..hes takin his boat out so im sure u can tag along if u want..i went divin the other day and once i hit about 30 feet i started getin real bad sinus squeeze right abouve my eyes..i equalized my ears and mask and still had it..do u kno how to prevent this

Have you had a cold lately? Do you suffer from sinus problems?

• no i havent had a cold but i have been getin some thick mucus up in the mornings..i think its that i just came here from california and im getin used to all the pollin out here..i dont realy have allergies tho..im gona set up a appointment at medical tomorrow and see if they can give me anything

• Mucinex is what the PFD guys recommend. You have to start taking it a couple days ahead of time, but it does a great job of clearing you out. It's not something I use on a regular basis, but I keep it around just in case I start to get a little clogged up prior to a planned trip.

They also recommended a sinus rinse. It basically consists of forcing salt water up your nose until it fills your sinus cavity and comes out your mouth. Sounds much worse that it is.

Sometimes sinus squeezes are due to being a little clogged up, sometimes it's due to some messed up, constricted passageway. I hope your problem is just being clogged.

Chad