Wood experts

• Not in a homo way :D after seeing mrmikes build up I remembered having a piece of old heavy ass wood laying around the yard somewhere, low and behold it was holding a limb of the aguacate tree :laughing: its 60"x5" which is the length I was looking for my next gun, My father told me he picked it up at a job site and says it was part of a deck from a big $$ house on the beach and the owner said it was there since he can remember owning the house (50 years) what suprises me is that it is laser straight after all its been through, no scent to it either. Any ideas? heres a pic of it dry and one wet

• Not that I'm any closer to knowing what type of wood I have, BUT I would recommend posting all three dimensions and weighing it. I should help limit the possibilities. I too was surprised by how straight my piece is. In a non homo way I guess I'm a fan of old wood...

• Not that I'm any closer to knowing what type of wood I have, BUT I would recommend posting all three dimensions and weighing it. I should help limit the possibilities. I too was surprised by how straight my piece is. In a non homo way I guess I'm a fan of old wood...

good thinking, I have some other scrap pieces i might cut to see inside.

• Well being land locked left me sometime to work on the wood, of the whole plank the only thing usable was a solid 38" blank, after sizing it down it is the EXACT size of a Riffe euro. Going to be my dirty water gun one band 6.5 mm shaft with Dans trigger mech, not sure if to use bottom line release or top, reverse or standard :confused1: still need to cut the track and mech pocket.