Children's Pool Controversy thread

• Well the wackos are out there I will let Justin give the report cause he spent the afternoon down there. HOpe you got some good footage of the nuts.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• Went down to spend the afternoon on the beach. The activists put "beach closed" signs on the beach to mislead people into thinking they can't go down there. We counter by prominently setting up chairs on the beach and hanging out. One of the guys has a big "open" banner he puts up.

In any case, today was absolutely gorgeous after the sun and people started to come down on the beach after we showed up to show it is safe. The activists yelled from the cliffs and videos and glared at us for several hours. Late in the day, they packed up to leave and as soon as they put their signs away to leave, there was a flood of people and the beach was full all of a sudden. The activists decidedmto call in reinforcements and the lady we affectionately call "grandma blackheart" showed up and starts stalking the cliffs in impotent rage. We sat on the beach and enjoyed the sunset and low tide. One of the regulars pulled out his mandolin and started playing and I shared some stories about the bottom scratchers. It was one of the better moments I have had at the beach and the beautiful weather, people enjoying themselves, the music and the angry activists made it all worth it.

Unfortunately we had to pack up and leave as it got dark. One of the beach regulars went to the grocery store for dinner and then went back to the pool to see what the activists had done in our absence. Unfortunately, the beach was cleared again and there were cones and caution tape across the stairs. Knowing the city would never place those there and that the cones are a tripping hazard in the public right of way as well as an illegal impediment to access, the guy picked up the cones and tossed them I. His truck as evidence. Unfortunately, not all of the activists were gone and one of them (blackheart) ran back over spitting mad but couldn't do anything. He even offered to stay and wait for cops to show up but nothing more was said.

Unfortunately, this is the daily battle at the CP. It is tough for some people to use the beach because the activists lie, trick, steal and harass to make their point. We will keep people updated as new things happen. We are planning a post-thanksgiving dive and BBQ for anyone interested and a "rope day" celebration on dec. 15.

• Unfortunately, the beach was cleared again and there were cones and caution tape across the stairs. Knowing the city would never place those there and that the cones are a tripping hazard in the public right of way .

That's amazing. People are nuts. Why doesn't the city put up a big sign telling the public to ignore any signs saying the beach is closed? If the psychos take it down, they can be arrested for destroying government property.
    The fact that the law doesn't step in and control these morons is a bit telling though, that perhaps the idiots have some supporters in the local government?

• Was the new ranger down there?

No new ranger for another week or so.

As for the signs saying the beach is open, they already have those but it is in small print underneath the big warning about the seals.

• I was only able to watch about 3 min before his voice and inability to speak in any kind of clear or concise manner made me want to gouge my ears out! My gracious how did this man get a licence to practice law?
    WOW
    This winter should be fun and exciting! Can't wait to see y'all down there! :D