Children's Pool Controversy thread

• For those Southern California divers who frequent the Children's Pool, we are getting a list of interested parties together to have a meeting re: recent developments and future activities. Please PM me to get on the list.

For those not familiar with the controversy, there is a certain beach in La Jolla, CA which has been taken over by seals and animal activists. Although I have no problem whatsoever with the seals, this creates access difficulties at one of the few protected beaches along that section of coast. This beach is particularly important for children and newer divers. The reason it is named "Children's Pool" is because of a donation dating back to the 20's and 30's that enabled the City to build a breakwall to protect one cove along the coastline for children to swim and learn to love the ocean. Now, anybody going there will likely be screamed at by environmental activists or threatened with citation. This beach is critically important for shore diving in the area. Now more than ever, it is time to make a stand! With the MLPA, we lose north and south la jolla to marine reserves. The seals can go and make that their home. There are only a few beaches in central la jolla that will remain open and the Children's Pool is the most protected.

Get in the fight!

See videos documenting the situation here:

Seal Wars: Return of the Eco-Nazis - YouTube
    Rally Against Humans: a true story: of humans hating humans - YouTube
    Fahroud at the CP - YouTube
    Sealwatch Associates - YouTube

• Ditto keep fighting the good fight guys ... I remember taking my son Noah
    On his first freedive there ... There wasn't any crazy hippes making money and spweing BS all over

Sad to see all this BS going down there ... Joe

QUOTE=LunkerBuster;57070]i have to applaud you all for all the work you have done on this issue. it is amazing you have not lost composure and beaten anyone yet.[/QUOTE]

• I love the line one of you guys said, "You want to give the beach back to the seals? Ok, go bulldoze your house and give it back to the coyotes". :thumbsup2:

Credit goes to the ever colorful Toptuna for that line. It is absolutely one of my favorites!

Yes..... they want to close the beach and leave it to the seals. Keep in mind that this is literally the only man-made beach in California. There are harbors etc.... but this is the ONLY beach with a breakwall/bathrooms/lifeguard tower specifically designed for children's bathing. It was created after several deaths along the san diego coast and donated in perpetuity for the children of san diego. It just happens to make a kick butt entry/exit for shore divers in San Diego. It really is about the children though and secondarily about diving. So the environmentalists want to devote the ONLY man-made beach in CA to seals. Crazy if you ask me.

My favorite is the seal wars video where the lady has a total freakout about the shark. It is the same size/type of shark that attacked me and bit my leg one week prior. I have mixed opinions about killing sharks but..... it was completely legal, the meat was all eaten and the freakout was priceless to watch.

• I love the line one of you guys said, "You want to give the beach back to the seals? Ok, go bulldoze your house and give it back to the coyotes". :thumbsup2:

hahahah that was me lol.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• These hippies make being environmentally concious look bad.. I feel like any one of them would be lost in the water,, prob shit themselves at the sight of a curious seal. i would wager that you guys who dive that area have a deeper connection with the ocean then that fruity vegan

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Each of you guys could use a head mounted gopro for those occasions. If you find them necessary I'll make a special price for a determined number of cameras to support your cause.

We use go pros and we have a hidden camera but not
    Gonna disclose where it is on here.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• These hippies make being environmentally concious look bad.. I feel like any one of them would be lost in the water,, prob shit themselves at the sight of a curious seal. i would wager that you guys who dive that area have a deeper connection with the ocean then that fruity vegan

I always ask them if they have been in the water here before or how many times have they been to CP? Majority of the time they are from LA

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

There is no doubt about that. We hear all sorts of idiocy from them. There are 1000 YouTube videos documenting their antics. The offer if the gopro deal is incredibly generous.

You should see the videos of the seals playing with us.

• I agree not about spearfishing its about access , but if we give them a freaking inch they will take a mile :@
    KEEP FIGHTING guys props thos the Defenders of the Childrens pool!!!

I took my boy down to "ground zero" last year , he really put those guys in there place, they freaked out when they relized the boy they were talking to was smarter then they were :)

Noah Acevedo speaks up for the Children's Pool at the San Diego City Council 2/17/2009 - YouTube

Its not a spearfishing issue and its probably not a good idea to make it into one. Good luck and be very careful with those people.

• WOW Joe I have never seen that before that is awesome. Props to your son and you as well.

I also want to comment on your "Give them an inch they will take a mile." I think it is really clear this is what happened in the MLPA. If we give them CP they will just move to the next beach and want that one closed down too. They are like cancer.

Thanks for sharing the vid.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM