Hustlin for a lobster hat trick

• King Neptune,

Thank you for another Lobster limit at the exact coordinates and rocks/cave I found my previous limit at a day earlier.

Next in command,
    Matt

Ha well I thought it was gonna be much tougher this time around especially since I picked up another nube for a second consecutive dive on this honey reef. But with about 6ft of viz and a 5 ft cold peaking high tide two amigos (1 was his first night dive and the other was on his 2nd night dive) and myself managed to bag 14 lobsters between us all and 3 rock crabs. I found my 7 legals fairly quickly and managed to guide my amigos hand too 4 legals and walked him through the fundamentals of the catch, measure and bag. The buddy who made it out on his 2nd night lobster dive snagged 3 all by himself with plenty of dropped and missed catches along the way. Overall it was another great dive saw a metric butt ton of massive rock crabs, a octopus feasting on a rock crab, a couple dozen cabs but nothing like the monster that got away the previous night.

Headed back out tonight to secure my 1st lobster Hat Trick. Should be similar conditions incoming tide cold no viz but legals legals legals!

• What's a lobster hat trick?

Well in hockey three goals is a hat trick. So last night marked two days of lobster limits so tonight chances are he will get another limit which will make it a hat trick. You could call it a lobster slam but that is more for different species like a turkey slam(who cares about turkey) or sheep slam(Dall, Stone, Desert, Rocky mountain sheep).

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• Well in hockey three goals is a hat trick. So last night marked two days of lobster limits so tonight chances are he will get another limit which will make it a hat trick. You could call it a lobster slam but that is more for different species like a turkey slam(who cares about turkey) or sheep slam(Dall, Stone, Desert, Rocky mountain sheep).

Ah thanks Bret. Now I see where the hat trick term came from. I read about it here as well------- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat-trick

I like to call it a Jackpot instead. Like a a slot machine when you get 7,7,7 in a row. From what I'm reading a hat trick is when you get 3 of something in a single day or a single game, not multiple days.

• Ah thanks Bret. Now I see where the hat trick term came from. I read about it here as well------- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat-trick

I like to call it a Jackpot instead. Like a a slot machine when you get 7,7,7 in a row. From what I'm reading a hat trick is when you get 3 of something in a single day or a single game, not multiple days.

ahhhh I am enlightened Daniel. Thanks.

Matt triple seven jackpot?

BTW guys Matt is my brother he is a great diver and been diving longer and in more places than I have. He is tied even with my father for best hunting and fishing buddy.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• That sucks having a brother who is better at things then you, at least that what My brother tells me all the time ;)

• That sucks having a brother who is better at things then you, at least that what My brother tells me all the time ;)

I just let him think that lol. But he is my younger brother and he is bigger and stronger than me. It sucks and I don't want to see if he can kick my ass cause I am sure he can since he is training for buds.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• buds?

I stopped wrestling with my older brother the day he grew bigger than me. Before that I could just sit on him. lol

• 3rd day lobster dive results goes as followed:
    Viz: 2-3ft
    Temp: cold
    Tide: perfect high as shit
    Swell/surge: Too strong for my noobs that were with me
    Results: dissappointing to say the least because I was determined to wreck shop again on the north section of the reef but the downsides of diving with amateurs became all to real. I'm sure you can get the idea of the what they were going through. I didn't want to be responsible for any accidents so we shifted inside and found worse viz and smaller bugs.

Kicked in was ready to shift to the back up spot but didnt find any support not the stuff I'm use too! I'll try and redeem myself tomorrow night at a spot that may harness a bit better conditions! My bad if I let you guys down or cost you beer money cause I was planning on a 4 limits for 4 days but...

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• Props for taking out the noobs :thumbsup2: that's one thing I haven't tried in a long while.