102811 Laguna 2x4

• Dove Laguna tonight instead of hitting happy hour after work. It turned out to be a good idea. Got in at 730 or so and looked for bugs while I waited for the tide to fill in. Grabbed 4 Legals an prolly could have found more if I put some more time in. But as I got my kit back together after my 4 th bug a pair of marbles caught my eye. I was unsure what exactly it was at first as the fish was totally covered up, first one I've seen like that. Just based on the size of it's eyes I could tell it was a nice halibut so bam! I shot my new 5 prong right into it's head. Those 5 prong tips don't mess around!! Normally halibut will freak out when shot, but with the 5 prong the fish didn't move at all. I strung that fish up and about 5 minutes later the story repeated itself. Stoked on my luck I called it a night!

Edited once, last by Budlite ().

• Nice going Wes! I barely got one legal lobster last night in Laguna. I'm heading out again tonight to redeem myself.

• Cool report. I assume thats night diving? If so, how many lights do you carry?
    Those lobsters are so red...What is the legal size up there?

• Cool report. I assume thats night diving? If so, how many lights do you carry?
    Those lobsters are so red...What is the legal size up there?

• It's night diving.
    • Don't know about Wes, but I only carry one dive light at night
    • Legal size is 3 and 1/4 inch, measured on their carapace
    • It's night diving.
    • Don't know about Wes, but I only carry one dive light at night
    • Legal size is 3 and 1/4 inch, measured on their carapace

Thanks spearstuff, down here is 3in on head. I would like to do some night dives, should be fun.

• It is a lot of fun. I use two lights. One light on my mask and a light
    With my hand. I can drop the on light and use two hands for a big bug.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• Very Nice.... perfect shot on the left - which is a lefty - 5 prong the best way to go on halis up to at least 30#s - complete control. - - - and they are always stunned - often stoned with one prong in the spine or "brain"........ and you didnt damage any meat....

only thing is................. you must be mistaken on location...... there are no halibut in Laguna ;)

congrats.