Lingcod in San Diego?

• I have heard rumors and seen a few pics of lingcod in San Diego over the last week. i know that water temps have dropped and we seem to be heading into winter. I have heard that the lingcod are in deep water (80-120) and have been nailed on scuba. I have seen them on scuba before (didn't have my gun or a good knife). Has anybody seen these in shallow like they are up north?

• The kayakers have been nailing them, some around 60-70ft. A dive buddy swore he saw one in 15ft last week but I sort of doubt his ID. I also know a few scuba spearos that nail them all year long, mostly out of Oceanside but they are all over Loma as well.

• I typically don't go spearing on scuba but I really want a ling..... hoping they get shallow enough to spear without tanks.

• I typically don't go spearing on scuba but I really want a ling..... hoping they get shallow enough to spear without tanks.

When did a dive trip to Mendo, a ling was my todo list but sadly didn't get done. I'd say just plan a North Coast trip do some camping and snail grabbing. Snails are much easier than lobsters to catch as well.

• Cabezon and Rockfish have been in a lot more lately around laguna. I think its because of the influx of squid in the area.