Orcas off of Palos Verdes

• That's the real deal, I totally forgot about it but a coworkers husband was on the shore and saw them there as well. It was last week, maybe thurs/fri? I've only seen them once in the wild and it was close to san pedro on my way to cat, beautiful animals.

• Yah the ones around here are transient pods, they are helpful to us because they kill sea lions. Unfortunately they also kill big baleen whales. The non migrating residents up north eat salmon. I hear from the whalewatchers that they see them like once a year or so around vicente, they also sometimes see a sperm whale and man I'd love to see one of those.

• Excuse this potentially naive question from someone diving in Orca free seas.
    How would those babies react to a diver....Egyptian sushi for dinner...or leave him alone he looks weird.

Ihab

• Except in captivity they have never attacked a human being. However keep in mind because they are mainly up north they probably have not seen many freedivers so who knows what might happen if they start showing up around here all the time. The general concensus is that they are smart enough to tell the difference between a seal and human.

• Except in captivity they have never attacked a human being. However keep in mind because they are mainly up north they probably have not seen many freedivers so who knows what might happen if they start showing up around here all the time. The general concensus is that they are smart enough to tell the difference between a seal and human.

We see them all the time up here ,when the grays are around ,and I have been in the water with them when surfing ,and freediveing many times and they have never been agresive . A friend just got buzzed by a pod about 2 months ago a little south of sf . I saw a pod mid Chanel between Cruz and ci harbor in Sept this year .
    Phil

• Yah the ones around here are transient pods, they are helpful to us because they kill sea lions. Unfortunately they also kill big baleen whales. The non migrating residents up north eat salmon. I hear from the whalewatchers that they see them like once a year or so around vicente, they also sometimes see a sperm whale and man I'd love to see one of those.

remember when we saw that pod when we were crossing the channel 2 years ago.