new spearfisherman and i need help

• :)I just got started in spearfiishing and i have been look at small spearguns because i only dive off of the beach. and suggestions would be nice but nothing that would break the bank. :)

• Are you new to freediving or just spearfishing? Biggest thing I can say is practice and do it safely. Don't dive alone and if you get the chance try to dive with experienced guys, you can learn a lot just watching them. As far as gear goes, learn with what you have and upgrade as skill/money allow. When beach diving a boogie board or kayak is very useful/helpful. Dan did a great writeup on a cheap boogie board setup you can probably search and find. It works great and is cheap, I use one myself when beach diving. Learn the FWC rules/regs/seasons and always display a diver down flag(the bigger the better) when in the water. A lot can be learned from reading posts here on the forum. Lots of guys live in the tricounty area so try to meet new diving partners.

• Get a 120cm gun if its a Euro style(handle in the back) or a 55" gun. Comfortable fins and mask/snorkel are as important as the gun. The more comfortable and relaxed in the water you are, the calmer the fish around you will be.

• well mrmike me and my brother picked up on it and started with the hawiian slling. After awhile i got more into then bought a mini carbon JBL with 2bands and the other day i was diving in the honey me and my brother found and i trigger kept getting stuck half way when i pulled it. So if this keeps happening im going to buy a new gun

• sounds like its dirty or corroded, if your mechanically inclined you may be able to take it apart and clean it up. That would be cheaper than a new gun, maybe some guys that have had JBL's will chime in

• its brand new thats the thing its only been used like 5 times and i wash it and clean it so i dont get why it was doing it.

It made me miss some nice size snapper to.