Footpockets reviews

• The purpose of this thread is to be a quick reference for my footpockets reviews, just the links to the reviews will be posted.

Because some of the reviews are negative, and may rub someone who likes the footpocket in question the wrong way, I want state the following. While only my personal opinion, these reviews are based on my experience handling, installing blades in, and using in real conditions many different footpocket and blade combinations. The majority of guys making statements about footpockets don't have the possibility to try many different ones, so their opinion is not based on extensive comparisons. In this case a person can say a footpocket fit or didn't fit, which has limited value because there's no point of reference ie. we don't know what their feet are like. And unless there is a very obvious lack of performance they will probably not notice it; most fins simply work and when upgrading from plastic to fiberglass or carbon blades the combination with any foopocket will seem like a major improvement.

I will never argue about footpocket fit, everyone's feet are shaped different. But when a footpocket deviates from certain conventional standards directly affecting performance I do have a problem with it. Fit is very important. Some negative aspects have a small effect, and if a particular footpocket is the only one that fits well it may be well worth it to ignore the small performance issue. However I believe there are enough different footpockets on the market to suit every foot without sacrificing performance, and so I have no patience for inferior footpockets. If you disagree with me on this basis then simply ignore my reviews as someone's wrong opinion, or if you want state why you disagree.

To those who think that because I have the Speardiver line offering competing products, I'm simply bashing the competition; keep in mind that the reason for acquiring these footpockets in the first place was to see if I should make them available from Freedivestore.com. If I thought they were good I'd sell them, I prefer to have a variety so as to be able to fit a wide range of divers. The footpockets that I believe don't measure up I can't bring myself to sell, even if they're popular. Unfortunately a lot of manufacturers nowadays seem to be producing something new for the sake of being able to offer a new product, and going for aesthetic appeal at the expense of performance. Dive shops don't really care, they sell what people will buy, and really it's not their responsibility. Because of my picky nature I often find myself in a frustrating position, needing a product to offer, and having the burden of responsibility to make sure the product is at least adequate for the task.

Cressi Gara modular 2012

Picasso Power 2012

H Dessault 2012

Pathos 3rd Generation 2011

OMER Stingray 2011

Mares Razor 2011

Salvimar / Persistent 2010

Beuchat Mundial 2009