Titan spearguns

• Anyone ever hear of them? Saw their booth at Fred Hall and now saw they are donating to the Neptune's auction. I feel sorry for who is shelling out the dough for one of those... The price at Fred Hall was more than a Wong, more comparable to a herranen, however FAR short of the quality.....

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• They have them at J&J, I don't recall the price but I don't think it was crazy high. Were the ones at Fred Hall "pimped" out with a crazy paint job etc? The ones at J&J are natural. I'm not sure about the screwed in wood plate over the push rod / mechanism, it just seems like a failure point after several removals. Of course you shouldn't have to regularly remove the plate but still if I'm laying out that kind of cash I want a work horse that will last for 20 years. Then there is the potential issue of a titanium mechanism.. And would you need a titanium mechanism? I'd be interested to hear more from the maker, I think there was post on SB from someone who went to the gun makers shop but it might have been taken down, I couldn't find it the other day.

• The gun I saw wasn't anything special. Just a 50" or so 3/8" shaft with muzzle ferrules. Way beefier than it needs to be, and didn't look anywhere close to finished... Believe it was $1000. The one they donated to the fish reef project was marked $1200, natural finish, again nothing special.

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• The gun I saw wasn't anything special. Just a 50" or so 3/8" shaft with muzzle ferrules. Way beefier than it needs to be, and didn't look anywhere close to finished... Believe it was $1000. The one they donated to the fish reef project was marked $1200, natural finish, again nothing special.

Well I could be wrong, to be honest I don't remember any exact figures. Looking at their website a 56" gun sells for $1200 unrigged
    titan speargun 56