Visiting FL- where should we dive?

• So my wife and I are novice at freediving and thinking about a long weekend in Florida for a little holiday and some ocean time- and have no idea where to go.

I'm thinking some place with interesting stuff to see, maybe in the 5-15 meter range...

We're looking at being out there mid-July for about 4 days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave.

• Where in Florida? John pennekamp in key largo has nice reef if your down in the keys

That's the question- where is good to go. We're thinking Florida because it's not too far to travel, so anywhere that's good is good... :)

• the keys definitely have the nicest reef and also some good wrecks. key largo is great for snorkeling and freediving but no spearfishing is allowed.

I'd recmmend flying into MIA and saying in the keys, they are all pretty much the same scenery wise but some are bigger/smaller with more accessibility and amenities. All of them are based around tourism and the water so getting out wont be a problem anywhere between key largo and key west

• I would take the 30 minute plane ride from FL to Grand Bahama. MUCH less crowded than FL, and some of the best reefs in the world. No spear guns allowed, but hawaiian slings are permitted.

• Thanks.

We're heading down to Key West for a couple days and then back up to Key Largo- for a day or so.

We got some new scuba stuff to try out (backplates and wings) and just got my wife a set of long fins to try- I think she's going to like them.

Thanks again.