Removable Gun Rack

• I needed a gun rack for my boat that I could remove after each trip. I share the boat with a fisherman, so building something in wouldn't work.

This rack will hold 8 guns of all sizes and shapes, with or without reels.

The bungies hold the guns in place at the top. The dividers at the top and the bottom keep the guns from shifting around and leaning on each other during heavy seas.

The heavier bungies at the corners are used to secure the whole thing into the stern corner of my boat.

I'm making a second one with only one divider and no bungies for longblade fins.

I got the garbage can at a local restaurant supply store.

• I like it. :thumbsup2: KISS all the way.

How about spare shafts? Would you just bungie them in the corners, like guns? Or maybe just bungie a piece of 2" PVC in one corner to hold all the shafts?

• If I was freeshafting PVC in the corner would be great.

Since my spare shafts are rigged with cable and some with cable and slip tips, they can get pretty messy. I've got some horizontal rod holders on the side of my boat that work well for them. They're actually not something that I have to use all that often, so they don't have to be quite as handy as the guns.

• When I saw that pic of the bucket with the spearguns in it I got a bad feeling. I have a strong negative association with that. Read this thread http://spearfishing.world/spea…45-pantojas-accident.html

It looks like a good clean setup. I had a hard time finding a bucket but finally did at office depot. You may be interested in the office depot bucket for the fins. It's the same color (grey) and height but has a rectangular shape. A really good shape for fins as you can have them in two rows, it will take 5 pairs. I reinforced it with a strip of aluminum each side of the bucket as a place to anchor nylon webbing (the webbing is used to tie the bucket in place). This way the forces from the bouncing boat are distributed over a larger area and there's less possibility of the plastic cracking.

Once we started putting fins in the bucket I found it a little time consuming to sift through the fins looking for mine. Almost all the fins have the same black footpockets and many guys are using the black fiberglass blades. Marking the back of the footpocket with a clearly visible sign eliminates this problem. The best marker for this is the Dykem Brite Mark 40.

I too bring a pre rigged spare shaft on every trip. I coil the mono in a tight coil about 3" in diameter (the mono doesn't kink) and secure it with two zip ties one of which also holds it against the shaft. It's a neat compact way of keeping it all together. The zip ties undo easily by biting sideways on the buckle.