Changing Battery on Aeris f10 Dive watch

• I purchased an Aeris f10 from spearfishing.store a while back and love knowing the elapsed time and depth of each dive, as well as my total number of dives. It also keeps track of time between each dive which helps me get adequate rest (I tend to want to go right back down again).

Anyhow the battery icon appeared on the watch display and then I noticed the backlight stopped working. I was reluctant to change the battery myself and called Dan for advice. Astoundingly, he hadn't a clue either:laughing3:

l pulled up the owners manual online which indicated the type of battery, CR2430 and bought one at Radio Shack for $6.

The watch comes with a tool to remove the battery plate. A simple clockwise turn of about 15 degrees and the backing pops off. There is an o-ring but I left it in place. I read online you can buy a battery kit from Aeris for $22 that includes an 0-ring and silicone tube but I am impatient and like to live dangerously.

When I put the new battery in the time was off by 2 hours but the date was correct and my previous days dive stats were still there.

Haven't water tested it yet but if it doesn't work I'm blaming Dan:laughing:

• The O-ring can be used again but I would definitely put a little silicone grease on it before putting the cover back on. I made that mistake one too many times with my D3 in the past and flooded it.

Better to pay a little extra then take a risk and have to buy a new $300+ computer.