Organizing Spearfishing Equipment

• Hey Everyone,

I've recently become a new homeowner and have been thinking of a way to organize my garage and to keep all of my fishing equipment together in a neat and attractive manner.

As in many other topics related to spearfishing, I borrowed a few ideas from Dan and found a product that suits my needs.

I originally began calling companies in South Florida for slat wall quotes...all were too expensive for what I wanted to spend.

FYI: Housewall was one of these companies and they were TERRIBLE, I hope nobody here does business with them. (terrible customer service).

Anyhow, back to business...

I went to SEARS (my new toy store). I found two products of slatwalls that were similar. The first one I saw was made by Craftsmen. Craftsmen sells pieces of slat wall that measure 48'' in length and about 6'' height for $10/piece.

I then found another product made by Gladiator. Gladiator also sells similar pieces but for $12/piece. However, Gladiator sells a package with two boards that measure 48'' by approximately 12'' for $60.

I bought the Gladiator product because it made my life easier and seemed to be sturdier.

Install was EASY and I'm no handyman. I went to Home Depot first and purchased industrial strength double sided tape and lined the back of the boards. I then placed the boards to the desired area on the wall (checked if it was level) and then began screwing the boards to the studs in the wall. Here is the final product.

I placed two boards running the length of the wall and intend on purchasing two more sets which will give me four additional boards. I'll put two above and two below what I currently have.

Thanks to Dan for giving me the idea.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited 2 times, last by Muckdiver ().

• I put peg board on my walls. I got the idea in a hardware store in Belmopan which was how they displayed a lot of products. My wife is much happier now.
    I keep fins and weights in the boat. Scuba compressor and tanks down in the laundry room. My guitars and dive gear would take up a two bedroom house.

Here's an updated version of the gun rack. Note the curtain rods. Bent shafts recycled.