Hot and sweet mackerel

• I happen to love me some cero Mack. Many dont and even more have never had it and just think that they don't like it

My absolute favorite way to eat it is as sashimi but if you eat it the day you caught it, you really can't go wrong. I recommend you eat the skin if you grill broil or fry it as it is super tasty and full of great nutrients.

I kinda took ideas from a few recipes an came up with this

Ingredients
    1 medium mackerel or one side of a big one- cut out the pin bones
    Oil- I use vegetable oil so I can get the pan silly hot without worrying about it burning
    Salt
    Fresh black pepper
    Siracha hot sauce
    Sweet Asian sauce- there are literally dozens of variety of this but I found this stuff at an Asian grocery in downtown and it is very good

Clean your fillets

Heat the pan hot hot hot

Dress the fillets with salt and pepper

Add oil and carefully add your fish- it will sizzle. Don't add a lot. You are searing more than frying. A tablespoon of oil or two. I start skin down

Let the fish cook skin down until the sides of the fillets are starting to turn white.

Flip

After no more than a minute flip back to the skin side just to make sure it is really crisp and set on a plate

Mix equal parts siracha and sweet

I put mine on top of the fish my girl had her sauce in a ramikan and added it to each bite

Truth be told the pan seared Mac is great on its own but with the sauce it was a nice new take

Enjoy

i like to spear fish

• that sounds good judah. I always liked the macs too, but sometimes im not crazy about its oillyness, but i bet the sriracha really does well with that (as if theres anything sriracha wont make awesome).. ur filets look nice and crispy.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Steve- I find that if you eat it that day there is no real issue at all, the next day maybe...after that and you should have smoked it haha

I have no experience with baja :( unfortunately, so I cannot comment on the sierras

i like to spear fish